Brrrr, the exam is giving me the chills. From what I can tell, our test should mostly cover simple things like negation, but I can't say for sure. I'm just glad we won't have to do proofs! The proofs in MAT137 are confusing enough; I don't need any more to confuse me. Although technically Professor Heap said we might have "a little bit of proofs." I hope it won't be too bad.
Speaking of proofs, we started doing them and the structure seems to be more simple than the MAT137 proofs, but I don't really get them. I mean, sure, it's great that we have everything organized under domains and assumptions, but proofs can't possibly be this simple. Otherwise, I would actually understand MAT137.
So, I should probably make my exam cheat sheet now. Yup, we get a cheat sheet, 8 by 11, according to Professor Heap. We can write anything we want on it! My friends are writing proofs on there, but I plan to just write down equivalent statements. For example, the negation of an implication P implies Q is equivalent to not P implies not Q.
And reading this slog, I remembered that I have the slides to fall back on in my studying:
http://csc165ps.blogspot.ca/2014/09/week-3.html
Well, good luck, everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment